Andouille Stew with Potatoes and Peppers
This adaptation of a classic Spanish dish couldn’t be simpler. The andouille sausage adds a smoky, peppery flavor to the earthy potatoes, peppers and onions. Serve with crusty bread on the side and dig in!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (12-ounce) package Applegate Organics®
Andouille Sausage, sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peppers, onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add the potatoes, sausage and about 2 cups water; stir so that the potatoes are mostly submerged in the liquid.
- Bring to a simmer, lower the heat and cook, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender and the broth has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm, garnished with parsley.