Chicken Bánh Mì with Sriracha Mayo
These Vietnamese sandwiches have become incredibly popular in the last several years, and deservedly so. A good bánh mì delivers a perfect amalgamation of rich meatiness and brightness, in the form of crisp carrot and daikon and sprigs of fresh cilantro.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 8-inch piece daikon, julienned
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 crusty baguette-style rolls, split
- 1 package Applegate Naturals®
Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
- Several sprigs fresh cilantro
- Stir together the mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together the lime juice, sugar, water, and fish sauce in small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots, daikon, and jalapeño and toss gently.
- Spread the spicy mayonnaise over the insides of the rolls.
- Divide the sliced chicken breast between the two rolls and top with the vegetable salad.
- Garnish with cilantro.