Chicken & Cheddar Sausage w/ Peppers & Onions
Sausage, peppers, and onions. Here’s our take on one of those classic Italian American street-food dishes.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 package Applegate Naturals®
Chicken & Cheddar Sausage, sliced into 1” rounds
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup pitted assorted olives, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or cooked pasta
- Add oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers, and sausage and cook until lightly browned.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add olives and cook for 3 more minutes, until onions and peppers are tender. Serve over rice or pasta.