Egg Salad BLT
Two of our favorite sandwiches rolled into one. If you have some herbs growing on your windowsill, snip them and add to the egg salad.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon®
Brand or Applegate Naturals® Good Morning Bacon®
- 8 slices whole-wheat or whole grain bread
- 4 large leaves lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Stir together the chopped hard-boiled eggs, celery, scallions, pickle, mayonnaise and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, until ready to use.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain briefly on paper towels.
- Toast the bread then arrange on a work surface.
- Divide the egg salad evenly among half the slices of bread.