Recipes - Egg Salad Sandwich
You might call this sandwich a portable version of America's breakfast favorite, ham 'n eggs. You can plan ahead and keep a dozen hard-cooked eggs on hand in your fridge (just in case you get the craving to whip up a few of these).
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 small white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 8 slices sandwich bread, toasted
- 2 slices Applegate Natural Slow Cooked Ham
- Cut into thin strips
- 4 chives, chopped
Printable Shopping List
- Put sliced eggs, celery, onions, mayonnaise, and mustard into a medium bowl and gently stir together with a fork or a kitchen spoon until well combined.
- Season egg salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put one lettuce leaf on each of 4 slices of toast.
- Spoon one-quarter of the egg salad onto each piece of lettuce, and then divide the ham between the toast slices.
- Sprinkle with chives and top each toast slice with another slice of toast.
Print This Recipe