Mini Frittatas with Bacon, Caramelized Onions & Spinach
If you have a silicone muffin pan, use it here. It makes turning out these cheesy, vegetable-filled frittatas a breeze.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals® Good Morning Bacon®
- 5 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- Equipment: 12-cup muffin pan
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease or lightly spray the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are deeply golden and bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese and the bacon mixture. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake the frittatas until puffed and lightly golden on top; a skewer inserted in the center should come out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes (the frittatas will deflate) before removing from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.