Pigs On Their Pillows
It's our opinion that the world needs tastier, satisfying organic snacks.
You can use any flavor of our Applegate Organics®
Dinner Sausage from spicy Andouille to Chicken and Apple. These savory snacks are simple, easy and delicious.
Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cut the sausage into half-inch thick slices.
- Lay out the pastry sheets on a work surface.
- Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter cut out 32 rounds.
- Use a 1¼-inch round cookie cutter and gently press in the center of each pastry round to score the pastry.
- Arrange pastry circles on two baking sheets.
- Place sausage rounds on top of the pastry circles.
- Bake until the pastry is brown and puffed, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon a tiny dollop of mustard on top of each sausage and garnish with a parsley leaf.
Note for New Cooks: “Garnish,” as used here, is chef/recipe terminology meaning to decorate a dish for better presentation, and NOT that other meaning, where money is taken from your paycheck every week.