Spicy Bacon Guacamole
A double hit of heat—fresh jalapeño and a bit of cayenne sprinkled on the bacon as it bakes—really brings this guac to life.
- 4 slices Applegate Naturals®
No Sugar Bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Bell peppers, celery and carrot sticks for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Arrange the bacon on a small baking sheet and sprinkle with cayenne. Bake until crisp, flipping halfway through, 15–18 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Once cool, finely chop the bacon.
- Meanwhile, slice bell peppers, carrots and celery to be used for dipping.
- Combine the avocados, lime juice and ¼ teaspoon salt and mash together with a fork. Stir in the jalapeño, cilantro and half of the bacon.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Scatter the remaining bacon over the guacamole and garnish with some chopped cilantro. Serve the guacamole at once with the vegetables.