Spicy Brown Sugar–Glazed Bacon
Our bacon is amazing on its own, but a sprinkling of brown sugar and chile powder makes it irresistible—like spicy bacon candy! Use a hot red chile powder if you like to feel the burn; ancho chile powder will give you a more mellow heat. We love cooking bacon in the oven—you can cook a lot at once, and if you line your baking sheet with aluminum foil, cleanup is a snap.
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals® Good Morning Bacon® Brand
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground New Mexico red chile powder or ancho chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the bacon slices in 1 layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Stir together the brown sugar, chile powder, cinnamon and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the bacon.
- Bake the bacon until glazed and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to drain briefly. Serve immediately.