It’s time to get your hot dog a new outfit! Dress up your dogs with creative toppings, like this healthy chili dog recipe using only natural and organic meats & cheeses!
Celebrate the big (and the small) sporting events and make our easy-to-put-together Healthy Hot Dog Feast.
- Cook a pot of chili con carne and some baked beans ahead of time.
- Grate a bowl full of Applegate Extra Sharp Aged Cheddar Cheese.
- Fry up bell peppers and Applegate Organic Stadium-Style Hot Dogs and onions.
- Simmer sauerkraut with caraway seeds.
- Make a batch of tender home fries.
- Crisp-fry some sweet onion rings.
- Then cook a bunch of Applegate.Great Organic Stadium Beef Hot Dog
- Set out all the food on one big table and let your friends and family help themselves - topping their hot dogs just the way they like.
- Simmer the hot dogs in beer, then smother them in sauerkraut with caraway (about 1/4 cup; see recipe below).
- Top off this wiener with a squirt of hot mustard.
Sauerkraut with Caraway
Makes 3 cups
- Put one pound sauerkraut, 1 cup beer, and 1 teaspoon caraway seeds into a small pot and cook over medium-low heat until bubbling hot.
Who's winning? What's the score? Can I get this recipe? Who can concentrate on the game with all these great (and casein-free, by the way) dogs in from of them?
Print This Recipe