Under the direction of the Raw Supply Supervisor, the Raw Supply Planner will be responsible for planning and billing of raw materials as well as working with co-packers on raw supply hurdles while ensuring accuracy and transparency of utilization and raw supply at all plants. The position is responsible for execution and maintenance of processes, development and maintenance of reporting, tracking, and forecasting files, communication to internal and external stakeholders and assisting in other key areas to manage adequate supply levels while mitigating product loss.
1. Responsible for receiving finished goods PO’s from the Fulfillment team and planning the raw material BOM’s.
2. Create raw material orders from BOM’s based on but not exclusive to the following parameters: Fresh raw material, frozen raw material, and spot buy opportunities.
3. Work with Raw Inventory Management Team to effectively utilize frozen raw material to ensure 100% fill rate on finished goods orders while turning frozen inventory age.
4. Responsible for the distribution of orders to raw supply coordinator(s) for entry and processing.
5. Works cooperatively with R&D, QA, and Fulfillment on raw material new item creation and maintenance.
6. Responsible for the ownership of all finished good raw block formulations in ERP system.
7. Monitor raw production inputs to minimize under/over production of finished good PO’s.
8. Responsible for updating and maintaining raw costing and reporting in ERP system.
9. Responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting trends in supply patterns.
10. Responsible for weekly communication with co-packers regarding weekly order discrepancies, out of specification materials, cost changes or supply interruptions.
11. Work directly with the Business Development team in providing input on supplier performance and tracking. Notify BDT if variances exceed acceptable tolerances to initiate non-compliance notification.
12. Assist coordinators with production problems, logistics concerns, and supply limitations as needed.
13. Develop and maintain positive and effective vendor relationships.
14. Notify QA and Raw Supply supervisor if raw material is not in accordance with raw supply specifications or raw block formulations for finished goods.
15. Development of metric and reporting for raw supply forecasting, planning and usage.
16. Additionally responsible for coverage and completion of the Raw Supply Inventory Control Planner duties as necessitated.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2+ Years’ experience in supply chain (raw supply procurement for food production highly preferred)
• Excellent attention to detail and follow through skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong quantitative analysis skills
• Ability to adhere to deadlines
• Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
• Ability to follow projects from development through implementation
• Self-motivated, fast learner, willing to research areas or tasks that are unfamiliar
• Proficient in and Microsoft Office Applications; Word and PowerPoint
• Advanced-proficient in Excel : Familiarity with using v-lookup, conditional statements, formulas and calculations
• Office environment
• Constant spreadsheet work and using the computer
• Constant talking on phone