Bacon and Avocado Salad with Creamy Chive Dressing
This satisfying salad highlights a few simple ingredients at their peak...who needs more?
As Featured in The Applegatarian.
- 1 (8-oz) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® Thick-Cut Bacon
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice1 cup half-and-half
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 8 cups salad greens
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Cook the bacon according to package instructions until browned and crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, half-and-half and salt in a jar, seal and shake until well combined and slightly thickened. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide the salad greens and avocados among 4 plates. Drizzle some of the dressing over each and top with the bacon slices.