Bacon Hot Chocolate
We can’t think of a better use for rendered bacon fat than a base for rich, thick hot chocolate...except, maybe a bacon brownie!
- 3 tablespoons rendered Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon®
Brand bacon fat, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces (about 1/2 cup) bittersweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the bacon fat and cornstarch in a medium heavy saucepan.
- Whisk in the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer over high heat, whisking, then simmer 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Whisk in the chocolate chips until melted.