Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots with Onion Dip
The perfect game day appetizer, these little bites deliver big flavor with very little work.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18 slices Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand
- 36 tater tots, defrosted slightly
- To make the onion dip, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Stir the cooled onion into the yogurt. Add the chives, onion powder and ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to use. (Dip can be made up to 3 days ahead.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bacon slices in half crosswise. Wrap each tater tot in a piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick; arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake the tater tots until the bacon is crisp and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the tater tots to a platter. Serve at once, with the onion dip on the side.