Balsamic Breaded Chicken Salad
Here’s a simple recipe from Amie Valpone you can make for dinner tonight. It takes less than 20 minutes to put together and it’s perfect for kids and adults!
- 1 package Applegate Organics® Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 cups leafy greens
- 1 cup finely chopped purple cabbage
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 large apple, diced
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat the oven and cook chicken nuggets according to the package directions. Remove the nuggets from the oven and slice them into small pieces with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, greens, cabbage, tomatoes, pepper, onion, apple and sliced chicken nuggets.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, garlic, oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Garnish with basil and walnuts and serve immediately.