Boise Dog: Baked Potato “Bun” w/ Bacon, Sour Cream and Chives
At first glance, this might look like a regular ol’ hot dog set-up, but look again, and you’ll see a fluffy baked potato standing in for the bun.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and arrange directly on the middle oven rack and bake until fully tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 45 minutes–1 hour. Remove from oven.
- While potatoes bake, cook the bacon until crisp, according to package instructions.
- Remove from heat, drain briefly on paper towels, then crumble with your hands or finely chop.
- Grill hot dogs to desired doneness.
- Split each potato open and nestle a hot dog inside.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and a scattering of bacon and chopped chives.