Cheeseburger Meatball Salad
These extra-cheesy meatballs are the centerpiece of a terrifically easy salad that offers all the flavors of your favorite cheeseburger (without the carbs!). But you should also consider making them an appetizer—skewer the meatballs with half a cherry tomato, a ruffle of lettuce and perhaps a dill pickle chip. Served with the sauce on the side for dipping, they’ll disappear in an instant.
Serves 4-6 | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (6-ounce) package Applegate Naturals ® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher dill pickling juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the meatballs, combine the ground beef, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix with your hands until well combined. Shape the mixture into 24 meatballs and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until very well combined (alternatively, combine all the ingredients in a jar, seal and shake until combined).
- To serve, arrange the lettuce, cherry tomatoes and onions on a large platter and top with the meatballs. Serve with the sauce.