Cheesesteak...but make it a hot dog!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored and sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package APPLEGATE ORGANICS® THE GREAT ORGANIC UNCURED BEEF HOT DOG™
- 6 hot dog buns
- 6 slices American cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over moderately high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8–10 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the hot dogs according to package instructions. Place the grilled hot dogs in the buns and top with the pepper and onion mixture. Lay a slice of cheese over each (break it into pieces to help it fit, if necessary). Run the hot dogs under the broiler until cheese melts. Serve at once.