Chicken & Cheddar Sausage w/ Creamy Pasta Sauté
Easy pasta dishes are a go-to meal when it comes to weeknight dinners. This recipe starts with browned Chicken & Cheddar sausage and mixes it with sweet tomatoes, creamy cheddar cheese, and penne pasta.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 package Applegate Naturals®
Chicken & Cheddar Sausage, sliced into 1” rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) can diced tomato
- 1 cup milk
- 16 oz. penne pasta (gluten free is optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, and pasta.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Serve.