Greek-Style Gyro Burger
A nice change of pace from the classic cheeseburger, this Greek-inspired version is very summery, very fresh and takes very little time.
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain Greek yogurt (about ¾ cup) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Blend Burger™
- 1 small cucumber, sliced 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4–8 thin slices feta cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, dill and cumin. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook the burgers on a hot grill or in a hot cast-iron skillet, to 165° F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- To serve, arrange the cucumbers, tomatoes and slices of feta on the bottom hamburger buns. Top with the cooked burgers. Spread the yogurt sauce evenly over the burgers and cover with the top buns. Serve at once.