Grilled Sausage & Veggies with Chimichurri
A quick and easy herb sauce brings a platter of grilled sausages, polenta, eggplant and zucchini to delicious life.
For the chimichurri:
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
For the grilled sausage & veggies:
To make the chimichurri:
- Combine the shallots, parsley and mint in a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Stir together and set aside.
To make the grilled sausage & veggies:
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Brush the eggplant and zucchini slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables, flipping halfway through, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes (put the zucchini in a grill basket or on a sheet of foil if necessary).
- Remove from the grill and transfer to a platter; cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the sausage and polenta to the grill. Grill until grill marks appear and sausages and polenta are hot through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to the platter. Serve with the chimichurri.