Guacamole Deviled Eggs with Turkey Bacon and Pickled Onions
A riff on classic deviled eggs, this protein-rich version swaps in creamy avocado for mayo and some crisp turkey bacon for extra savor.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices Applegate Organics®
Turkey Bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Pickled Onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Scoop out the yolks from the hard-boiled eggs and transfer to a medium bowl. Pit, peel and chop the avocado; add it to the yolks. Mash the yolks and avocado together until very smooth. Add the lime juice and salt, mixing well to combine.
- Fold half of the chopped bacon into the avocado mixture (reserve the rest for garnish).
- Transfer the avocado mixture to a resealable plastic bag; snip off a corner of the bag. Pipe the mixture into the center of the hardboiled egg whites.
- Arrange the deviled eggs on a serving platter. Garnish each egg with some of the pickled onions, cilantro and remaining chopped bacon.