Kennebunkport Dog: Hot Dog Salad
A riff on the Maine lobster roll, this playful dog packs a wallop of flavor.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season with plenty of black pepper. Grill hot dogs to desired doneness.
- Remove from the grill and slice into rounds.
- Stir into the mayonnaise along with the chopped celery.
- Toast the hot dog buns, then spread liberally with butter.
- Divide the hot dog salad evenly between the buttered buns and garnish each with some of the chopped celery leaves.