Meaty Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Riced cauliflower mixed with egg, almond flour and parmesan makes a naturally protein-rich, gluten-free pizza crust. The chopped bacon makes it extra delicious.
As Featured in The Applegatarian.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over moderate heat, stirring often, until crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- To make the crust, pulse half of the cauliflower in a food processor until it’s riced. Transfer the cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess water. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower. Add the almond flour, parmesan, eggs, salt and cooled bacon and stir well to combine.
- Scrape the cauliflower mixture onto the lined baking sheet and use your hands to press into an even layer. Bake until crust is dry and golden in spots, 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the tomatoes and shredded mozzarella over the crust. Top with the meat. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is bubbling, 12-15 minutes.
- Top pizza with the arugula and hot pepper flakes. Cut into pieces and serve at once.