- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the mozzarella, tomato sauce and chopped salami in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into about 8 balls. Working with 1 at a time, roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a long rectangle, about 4 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick. Drop small scoops of the filling (about 1 teaspoon) along the one side of the rectangle, leaving about 1 inch between each mound of filling.
- Fold the dough over to enclose the mounds of filling, pressing between the mounds. Using a sharp knife, cut between each mound. Using your fingers, pinch the edges of the dough to seal. Arrange the pizza bites on the lined baking sheet about 1½ inches apart. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Brush the top of each bite with some olive oil and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
* If you want to freeze the pizza bites, let them cool completely on the baking sheet then transfer to the freezer (still on the baking sheet) until firm. Transfer the bites to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. To reheat, arrange on a baking sheet and bake in a 350°F oven or toaster oven until hot, 20 to 25 minutes. Or microwave until hot.