Prosciutto and Fig Salad
"When I was growing up in Richmond, Virginia, my parents Ron and Serena Buzzo would host an open house on Christmas Eve. After mass, everyone would come to our house, and we'd have all kinds of appetizers and drinks laid out so it was easy to eat and socialize at the same time. Those parties were very casual and very fun. This salad was a fan favorite and just looks so beautiful when laid out on a big wooden board." - Nicole Glenn, Applegate Vice President of Brand Strategy & Innovation
As Featured in The Applegatarian.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/, cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 6 oz baby spinach
- shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 (3-oz) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® Prosciutto
12 figs, quartered
- 1/, cup crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk together the lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually add olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach and shallots. Add dressing and toss well to coat. Spread spinach mixture on a large board and arrange the prosciutto, figs and blue cheese over top. Serve at once.