Sweet Italian Sausage Gluten-Free Pizza
Gluten free pizza just got better with our Sweet Italian Sausage spin!
For the Crust
- Make the pizza dough according to package instructions, allow to rest covered in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Stir dough to deflate, and divide the rested dough in half.
- Drizzle dough with olive oil, and pat each into a 12 - to 14- inch round on the baking sheet.
- Bake crusts until tops and bottoms begin to brown (about 8 to 12 minutes).
- Remove from oven
For the Toppings
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat and add sliced sausage. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is completely cooked, approximately 8 -10 minutes.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, sage and pepper to the sausage mixture.
- Top baked crusts with slices of Applegate Natural Emmentaler Swiss Cheese, pears and the sausage and onion mixture. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Transfer pizza to the oven. Bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm.