The Works Dog Organic Hot Dog
We load up our organic hot dogs with one or two slices of Monterey Jack Cheese, and top it off with a healthy pile of fried peppers and onions. You can load up on these organic hot dogs to your heart's content!
- Stem, seed, and slice 4 bell peppers and set aside.
- Peel and slice 1 medium onion and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1-2 peeled and chopped garlic cloves and the bell peppers and onions.
- Season to your taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until peppers and onions are browned on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until peppers and onions are soft, 10 minutes more.
Makes 5 cups
Hot dogs are not just for kids anymore!