For Ricotta Mixture:
Constructing the Torta:
- In a mixing bowl combine ricotta, herbs, sautéed garlic and egg.
- Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 10'' springform with olive oil.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on the bottom of the pan and brush with oil using a pastry brush.
- Phyllo sheets should hang over the pan.
- Place 4 more sheets of phyllo in the pan greasing each consecutive layer as you go.
- Alternate the ingredients in the torta.
- Start with a layer of prosciutto covering the bottom of the pan.
- Then spread half the ricotta mixture, followed by half the peppers, half the spinach, the remaining ricotta, the remaining peppers, the remaining spinach and then a top layer of the Genoa salami.
- Fold the overlapping phyllo over the top of the tart, painting more oil between the layers of phyllo as you go.
- Fit one more sheet of phyllo on top. (You will need to scrunch the sides of this piece to fit.) Brush on a little more oil and sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan and serve.
What you have created is pleasing to the eyes and nose, with all its colors and aromas … but even more pleasing to the taste buds!!