Turkey Bacon Burger by Turning Green Intern Meredith
I love to watch cooking shows and always see famous chefs making their own version of a bacon cheeseburger, and I thought: “Why not make my own?!” I’ve eaten only APPLEGATE® turkey bacon for years now and knew it would complement the burger perfectly. This bacon burger has become my go-to meal, and now anytime I buy APPLEGATE® turkey bacon, the package is finished within two days. I have gotten my mom and sister to try this recipe and they both fell in love as well. This burger is good for any day of the week, any time of day, for any person! All you have to do is switch it up for dietary needs (turkey burger, plant-based patty, vegan cheese, you name it!) and you’ve got your own version of an APPLEGATE® bacon cheeseburger! Happy organic eating!
1 Serving | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 APPLEGATE® WELL CARVED™ Organic Beef Burger 2–3 slices Applegate Organics Turkey Bacon
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 slice APPLEGATE ORGANICS® Monterey Jack Cheese Organic lettuce leaves
- Organic sliced tomatoes Organic sliced onions Sliced pickles
- Cook the burger in a skillet over moderate heat until browned on both sides and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the bacon to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, flipping every 2–3 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from the heat.
- Now it’s time to assemble your burger! Place the burger on the bun, followed by the cheese, crispy bacon slices, and layers of fresh organic lettuce, tomatoes, onions, lots of pickles, ketchup and whatever other toppings you like! This will definitely be a messy meal, but deliciously worth it! Enjoy!