Black Forest Ham with Herbed Artichokes and Baby Lettuces
Ham and butter are a classic French sandwich combination. We round it out with tender artichoke hearts and a handful of crisp, new lettuces.
Serves 3-4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 (14-oz) can whole artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp salted butter, softened
- 12 thin puffed rice cakes
- 1 cup baby lettuce leaves
- 12 slices APPLEGATE NATURALS® Black Forest Ham
- Combine the artichoke hearts, olive oil and parsley in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the softened butter over the rice cakes and top with the lettuce. Lay 1 slice ham on each rice cake and top with some of the artichoke hearts. Serve at once.