Cranberry Brie Tartlets
Featured in The Applegatarian.
"Even though my husband, Nav, is the cook in our family, this is an appetizer I like to make-and it is always a hit. Everyone loves its mix of sweet and savory flavors."
-Brianne Mellody Singh, Applegate Associate Digital Marketing Manager
MAKES 32 APPETIZERS | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- 1 (17-ounce) box frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/a cup fig preserves
- 12-16 ounces Brie, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought) 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling Fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly roll out the sheets of puff pastry and cut each into about 16 squares.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, score a border about ¼ inch from the edge of each
- piece of dough. Prick the inside of each square several times with a fork. Arrange the pastry pieces on the lined baking sheets.
- Spread the center of each pastry with a thin layer of fig preserves. Top with a slice of Brie, cutting it to fit. Mound a small spoonful of cranberry sauce over the Brie, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed, golden brown, and the Brie is melted, 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh thyme, and serve at once.