Eggs in the Hole with Sausage
When you don't feel like fiddling between the toaster and the stove first thing in the morning, arrange everything on a sheet pan and call it a day.
Serves 3-4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 slices multigrain bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (7-ounce) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® Classic Pork Breakfast Sausage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, and arrange butter side down, on the baking sheet. Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter (or a drinking glass) to cut a hole in the center of each piece of bread. Arrange the holes, butter side up, and the sausages on the baking sheet. Crack1 egg into each hole and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake until eggs are set, toasts are golden-brown and sausages are hot, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped scallions and serve at once.