Pasta with Spicy Salami
As featured in Holiday 2023 issue of The Applegatarian.
This easy pantry dinner is packed with flavor and needs only a green salad on the side to complete it.
The Applegatarian, an outlet where employees and advocates of the nation’s leading natural and organic meat brand dish about their favorite recipes, tips, products, partners and more.
Serves 3-4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 8 ounces rigatoni or penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 ounces Applegate Naturals® Uncured Genoa Salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until very al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over moderately high heat. Add the onions, tomatoes and salami and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the pasta from the pot and add to the skillet. Add a cupful of the hot pasta cooking water and cook, stirring occasionally and adding more pasta water as needed, until pasta is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and pickled jalapenos.
- Remove from the heat and serve at once, garnished with parsley and with extra Parmesan on the side.