Braised Chicken Sausage with Apples and Onions
Bring Oktoberfest to the comfort of your own home with this simple beer-braised sausage recipe!
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) can of your favorite beer (for best flavor, avoid hoppy and/or malty beer)
- 1 package Applegate Organics® Chicken & Apple Sausage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives or parsley, for garnish
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add onions and apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beer and sausage and simmer until liquid reduces and becomes slightly syrupy.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.