Open-Faced Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich
These pretty little sandwiches make a great lunch with a cup of tomato soup and can easily feed a crowd—simply scale up the recipe as needed, pop in the oven and you’re ready to go.
Makes 2 to 4 sandwiches | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- Olive oil
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 slices Applegate Naturals® Slow Cooked Ham or Applegate Naturals® Black Forest Ham
- 4 slices Applegate Organics® American Cheese
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush a small sheet pan with olive oil.
- Arrange the slices of toast on the pan. Spread the mustard over the toast and top each with 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of tomato and a few slices of red onion.
- Drizzle each sandwich with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling and melted, 10–12 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve at once.