Oven Roasted Turkey with Smashed Peas and Radishes
Move over avocado: smashed peas make a protein-rich alternative to that favorite toast topper, and their sweetness pairs well with APPLEGATE NATURALS® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and piquant radishes.
Serves 3-4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 (14- to 16-oz) bag frozen peas
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 thin puffed rice cakes
- 12 slices APPLEGATE NATURALS® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced
- To make the smashed peas, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the peas and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain well. Reserve ⅓ cup peas for garnish then transfer remainder to a food processor and pulse until a coarse mash forms.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in olive oil, lemon juice and pepper. Season to taste with salt.
- Spread the smashed peas evenly over the rice cakes. Top each with 1 slice of turkey, a few slices of radish and a few whole peas. Serve at once.