Turkey Niçoise Salad With Caper Vinaigrette
Niçoise salad is classically made with tuna, but grilled chicken or sliced deli turkey, as we use here, make delicious substitutions. This veggie-heavy salad comes together in minutes if you have everything prepped ahead of time, so it's just a matter of pulling containers of cooked green beans, potatoes and boiled eggs from the fridge and assembling.
Place the lettuce in the bottom of a shallow bowl or bento box. Roll up the turkey slices and arrange on top of the lettuce, followed by the hard-boiled egg, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes and olives. Drizzle the vinaigrette over everything and serve at once or refrigerate until lunch time.
Don't save this dressing just for Niçoise salad-it's good on any kind of leafy salad, steamed veggies, grilled fish or roast chicken. Try it instead of a mayo-based dressing on potato or tuna salad.
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- Combine the parsley, oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a blender or small food processor (or use an immersion blender). Blend until smooth. Stir in the capers. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding a bit more salt, honey or vinegar as needed.
- Vinaigrette will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.