Bacon and Scallion Sour Cream Dip
Who can resist chips and dip, especially when the dip is full of bacon-y goodness? If you want to dress things up in a surprising way, spoon a small dollop on good potato chips and serve as a passed hors d’oeuvre. We guarantee they’ll disappear in a flash.
Makes about 2 ½ cups | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals ® No Sugar Bacon
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Potato chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is browned and crisp, turning once, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to cool.
- When cool, finely chop the bacon; set aside 2 tablespoons of the bacon to use as a garnish.
- Meanwhile, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise and scallions in a bowl. Add the majority of the chopped bacon. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the chives and reserved bacon. Serve with potato chips.