Brown Sugar Natural Bacon
It's the breakfast recipe staple that you just might not be able to resist using at … dare we say it? … other meals, too!
- 8 oz package Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
Pecan Sugared Bacon:
Add 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans to sugar mixture.
Sugar and Spice Bacon:
Add ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon ground mustard powder to sugar; omit maple syrup.
NOTE: For smaller pieces, cut bacon slices in half crosswise before proceeding with the recipe. If you prefer a less sweet bacon, use only 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Mix brown sugar and maple syrup in a small bowl; set aside
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil
- Place bacon in a single layer on sheet pan
- Press sugar mixture onto bacon (top surface only)
- Bake 12-14 minutes until brown and crisp, checking bacon frequently for doneness
- Place a sheet of foil under a wire cooling rack to catch drips; transfer bacon from sheet pan to wire rack to cool
After serving, store in refrigerator. Place in oven for easy warm-up of leftovers (in the rare event that there are any).