Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Bites
Everyone loves minis…serve these stuffing bites either as appetizers or as a fun side dish. If you want the tops extra crispy, run them under the broiler for a minute or two. And, this same recipe can be used to make one large serving—simply spoon the stuffing into a gratin dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
Makes 36 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 package of Applegate Naturals® Chicken and Sage Breakfast Sausage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups crumbled day-old cornbread
- 1 cup turkey or chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil 3 mini-muffin pans (36 muffins total).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped sausage and sage to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cranberries and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cornbread to the skillet and toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together the turkey stock and eggs in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cornbread mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until stuffing is slightly puffed and golden brown on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let stuffing rest for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pans and arranging on a serving platter. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.