Grilled Cheese Waffle Sandwiches w/ Apple Confetti
A waffle iron is a great tool for making grilled cheese sandwiches—it gives you plenty of crisp and crunchy edges. Depending on your particular maker, you should be able to make 2 or 4 sandwiches at a time, so adjust the recipe as needed.
Makes 2 sandwiches | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 4 slices Applegate Naturals ® American-Style Colby Cheese
- 2 slices Applegate Naturals® Slow Cooked Ham
- 1 small apple, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut the bread so that it will fit into the shape of your waffle maker.
- Cut the cheese and ham the same size.
- Lay 2 of the bread pieces on a work surface in front of you. Top each with 2 slices of cheese, 1 slice of ham and a generous handful of apple matchsticks. Close the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread.
- Brush the inside of a waffle iron with the melted butter. Heat the waffle iron. Lay the assembled sandwiches in the waffle iron, close and cook until the sandwiches are golden brown and toasted. Carefully remove from the waffle maker and serve warm.