Mini Chicken and Waffles with Spicy Maple Sauce
The diner favorite gets miniaturized into a five-ingredient, two-bite appetizer. A drizzle of maple sauce adds a touch of sweet heat.
Makes about 18 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Organics® Chicken Nuggets or Applegate Organics® Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 18 miniature frozen waffles
- Cook the chicken nuggets according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine the maple syrup, butter and hot sauce to taste in a small skillet over medium heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Toast the waffles according to package instructions.
- To assemble, arrange 1 chicken nugget on top of each toasted waffle. Drizzle some of the maple sauce over each and serve at once.