Pan Grilled Sausage with Apples and Onions
If you have a negative idea of what an organic sausage recipe might be like … get it out of your mind. This will blow away any dish with any sausage you've ever had.
Serves 2 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 Applegate Organics® Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 Granny Smith Apple. peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausages and cook until brown, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove sausages from skillet and transfer to a heat-proof dish.
- Cover with foil and place in oven to keep warm.
- Add onion and apple to pan; cook until onion and apple are tender and brown, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple cider and chicken broth; increase heat to high and stir until liquid is reduced and thickened slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove sausages from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Whisk sage and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into cider mixture.
Drizzle over sausage, serve and add this to your repertoire of fabulous meals!