Sausage and Veggie Sheetpan with Salsa Verde
This easy sheet pan dinner abounds with colorful sweet potatoes, broccoli, red onion and Italian sausage. A quick lemony parsley sauce brightens everything up.
Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package Applegate® Sweet Italian Dinner Sausages, sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Place the sweet potatoes, broccoli and onion on a large sheet pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss well to combine. Place in the oven and bake until vegetables are almost tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, remaining ⅓ cup olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and scatter the sausage rounds over the vegetables. Continue baking until vegetables are tender and sausages are heated through, 12–15 minutes.
- Spoon salsa verde over the sausages and vegetables and serve at once.