Ham and Egg White Cups
These portable, easy-to-eat breakfast treats are infinitely adaptable—use any combination of veggies you please. Using egg whites means these cups are lower in fat and cholesterol, while still being rich in protein.
Makes 8 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 8 slices Applegate Naturals® Slow Cooked Ham or Applegate Naturals® Black Forest Ham
- 8 egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted vegetables, such as asparagus tips, roasted red peppers, sautéed spinach, chopped cooked broccoli, chopped tomatoes and sautéed sliced mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 8 cups of a standard muffin pan with the ham slices. Pour 1 egg white into each cup, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs. Arrange the vegetables, as you like, over the eggs.
- Bake until eggs are set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before gently removing ham cups from the tin. Serve warm.