Sheet Pan Breakfast with Sweet Potatoes and Bacon
Why sweat over the stove, manning multiple skillets of bacon, eggs and home fries, when you can just toss everything together on one sheet pan and throw it in the oven? Feel free to mix this up with other vegetables—Brussels sprouts and butternut squash would work beautifully, for example.
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals® No Sugar Bacon
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 large eggs
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Halve the bacon slices crosswise and arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Scatter the sweet potatoes and onion over the bacon and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently stir the bacon and vegetables together so that the rendered bacon fat coats the vegetables.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until the bacon is crisp and the vegetables are tender and golden brown in spots.
- Remove from the oven and crack the eggs evenly on the baking sheet (push the vegetables aside to make room, if necessary). Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parsley, and serve at once.