Turkey Pin Wheels with Basil Pesto Dipping Sauce
Photography by: Sarah Steffens
Melissa Urban, co-creator of Whole30, suggests using butter lettuce leaves as a Whole30 complaint alternative to a traditional tortilla wrap. Melissa creates nutrient-dense turkey pinwheels by stuffing the lettuce leaves with colorful fruits and vegetables. She then serves them with a basil pesto dipping sauce for the final flavor explosion.
Watch the videoTurkey Pin Wheels with Basil Pesto Dipping Sauce
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 package of Applegate Organics® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Basil Pesto Dipping Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Place all basil pesto dipping sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy and well combined. Set aside.
- Wrap a few thin slices of red pepper and apple in a slice of turkey.
- Wrap 1-2 butter lettuce leaves around the turkey rolls and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange on a platter and serve with the basil pesto dipping sauce.
*This recipe can be prepped 1-2 days in advance.
**You will likely have extra red pepper and apple slices. Serve them with the pinwheels, dipping in pesto.