These fudgy brownies double down on bacon by sprinkling some on top AND adding the rendered fat to the dough.
Makes 16 brownies | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand, chopped
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup rendered bacon fat or vegetable oil or a combination
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” square pan with bacon fat or vegetable oil.
- Cook the bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to cool. Reserve bacon fat for brownies in a measuring cup and add enough vegetable oil to measure 1/2 cup.
- Stir together the brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs with the 1/2 cup bacon fat, and water. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the batter.
- Bake until set and a wooden pick inserted into the brownies comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it, about 25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then cut.