Cocoa Candied Bacon
A mixture of light brown sugar and cocoa powder candies these strips to a gorgeous deep mahogany. They’re delicious all on their own or crumbled over an ice cream sundae. We have chef Ian Knauer of The Farm Cooking School to thank for this recipe.
Makes about 8 pieces | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 package Applegate Naturals® Thick Cut Bacon or Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack inside the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the brown sugar and cocoa powder in a shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of bacon in the cocoa mixture and arrange on the rack.
- Bake until the bacon is glazed and almost crisp (it will crisp up more as it cools), 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a plate or a clean rack and cool before serving.
- The bacon can be made up to 2 days ahead, cooled completely, and stored in an airtight container.